Why become a member? ×

Hartke A100 Squeaking

I recently bought a Hartke A100 Kickback for practicing. Got it home, practiced for an hour, all fine.

Then it started making a squeaking noise - a bit like a signal generator, continuous but falling in pitch very slowly (like a badly tuned radio).

When the limiter kicks in the noise stops temporarily but as soon as the light goes off it squeaks again.

The first time I turned it off, waited for the thud, and on again all fine. 5 minutes later the squeak is back.

Not sure if its temperature related because now i've left it a while the squeak has gone again.

Any ideas?

Cheers
B

[quote name='icastle' post='1259585' date='Jun 7 2011, 12:45 PM']It sounds like a defective capacitor.
If you've only just bought it then take it back.[/quote]
Cheers, I bought it secondhand and the petrol to pick it up cost me nearly the same as the amp, so taking it back might not be the best option.
It was a good price even for just the speaker so might just take it to be fixed. Anyone know a good amp tech near Brighton?