Why become a member? ×

We're Recording On Sunday

Low End Bee

I'm so completely over excited and impatient to get in the studio it's unhealthy. We're in for a 12 hour session to do 3 maybe 4 tracks and come back for the vocals later if required. Steve Lyon (Depeche Mode, the Cure, Amplifier, etc.) will be at the controls which is nice.
I'll take a car full of gear and just end up using the precision through a sansamp BDDI as normal I expect.
Wish me luck.

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1262502' date='Jun 9 2011, 12:06 PM']That`s a shame!
But, I`m sure you`ll walk out of there with something tasty.
You`re just tracking aren`t you,so maybe he`ll be around for the Mix.[/quote]

Nope. He's engineering as well. Whole shhoting match. Boo.

• 1 month later...

Just got raw from the desk unmixed mp3's of the 4 tracks. They're such a huge step up from how the last EP sounded at this same stage that I'm blown away. The songs are more interesting and the playing is far better and tighter.
Should be all ready by the end of the month.
There's even a bass break on one song. I blame all of you on here for this self indulgence....

• 2 weeks later...

Did the final vocal over dubs last night and a bit of production. I bought the man at the desk his favourite biscuits to ensure the bass being high in the mix. He was on great form last night Asked several near impossible things and the answer was always yes.
It's funny that it seems to be harder work for us to record 'rough and edgy' than 'smooth and poppy' if we want it to sound authentic.
Todays the day the mixing pixies start to do their magic. EP should be out before the end of September.

• 1 month later...

We gots finished mixes!

It's been like working on Chinese Democracy waiting for this. Only the tunes are better :)

I'm made up at how good it sounds. The first recording I've done where I don't feel we've compromised to get it done.

Coming to itunes, Amazon and CD very soon.

Edited by Low End Bee