Why become a member? ×

Vintage Trace Elliot head and cab -SOLD

Paul S

I am up and running with my new lightweight rig so the remains of my old vintage Trace Elliot gear has to go - both head and cab are probably at least 25 years old - maybe someone who knows can chip in here?

Firstly my Trace Elliot AH250 GP11 mk V head. If you know about these skip the next paragraph. Size-wise 53 x 42 x 18cm and a lumbar wrenching 22kg. I bought this about 6 months ago on Basschat for £250 - wasn't able to use it much because of my back issues. I've just spent £96 on getting it fixed and serviced at a Trace Elliot approved service centre, so it is ready to rock. The guy in the repairers reckons this is the best head Trace Elliot made, so who am I to argue? No real issues - the sliders on the EQ have had non-standard knobs glued on, which makes access to the back tricky. not a problem for me, I can assure you. One of the rubber feet is missing from the end, so when you stand it up up end it leans a bit. Pretty good nick, tolex is used but not abused - not perfect but it *is* old. Sounds immense and tone is, er, more than immense - plug in, switch on, engage the pre-shape and you will rule will world. If that wasn't enough it lights up prettily from the UV bulb, too!

'El Gordo' the leviathan Trace Elliot 1x18 cabinet - 61 x 79 x 43cm and approx 40kg. This beast is rather tatty but works perfectly well - I paid £220 for it from PMT in Southend some time last year. Perfect for old school rock or anyone starting a hobby in siesmology. I had intended to buy a can of satin black, take all the metal bits off and give him a makeover - the tolex isn't too bad - but, well, won't bother now. On 4 casters, 2 are lockable. Actually seems to have a broader range than the Trace 1X15 cab I had - seems to register the highs a little better for some reason.

[attachment=82083:TErig1.jpg] [attachment=82084:TErig2.jpg] [attachment=82085:TErig3.jpg]
[attachment=82086:TErig4.jpg] [attachment=82087:TErig5.jpg] [attachment=82088:TErig6.jpg]

The two together are a match made in Rock Heaven - simply sublime. Hard to better IMO - my new rig is just as loud and sounds just as good but it somehow doesn't quite melt the heart the way this stuff does. Still, needs must and I have move on.

Ideally I'd like to sell them as a pair, in which case I am after a ridiculously cheap £300 including a kettle lead and jack-jack lead. That's 1 x Trace Elliot Watt per pound sterling. Sold separately I would want £250 for the head and £100 for the cab.

Because of the weight and size the logistics of sending this via courier would be complicated and expensive so collection only from Benfleet in Essex or I can deliver for the cost of the diesel. Cash on receipt.

Edited by Paul S

Long shot - I would also consider some trades (not amps/cabs though).

For example - a decent wireless kit
5 string SGC Nanyo SB-310 or similar lightweight 5-er.

Doesn't hurt to ask, I can only say no.