Why become a member? ×

IBANEZ MUSICIAN

HADGE

hi folks can any one give me any info , i just bought a ibenez musician bass as i have loads of basses and rate the ibenez but cannot find anyone with a musician to tell me if i did the right thing or not, all info would be a great help , thanks folks

Great basses! Ahead of their time in the late 70s and early 80s with neck through construction, three band EQ, ebony fingerboards, active/passive - only companies like Alembic were offering these high specs!

Sting played them extensively, especially fretless ones. Lovely basses - why don't you post a pic with a bit of info about yours?

Mike

[quote name='RhysP' post='1265916' date='Jun 12 2011, 12:06 PM']Lots of Ibanez Musician basses - some idea of the actual model would be useful.
Post a picture maybe?[/quote]
thanks rhys i will post a pic but i dont pick it up till tuesday bought it of ebay today , thanks again mate catch you later.

I had an MC824DS which I sold last year. Great bass, but rather heavy! The 824 is the passive version with twin humbuckers. The DS part refers to the colour - Dark Stain.

I had made mine into a fretless and added an active preamp (well, the Bass Doc did).

Some great tones and plenty of variation available. They are quite hard to come by now, but still go for reasonable prices.

[quote name='Mike' post='1265918' date='Jun 12 2011, 12:09 PM']Great basses! Ahead of their time in the late 70s and early 80s with neck through construction, three band EQ, ebony fingerboards, active/passive - only companies like Alembic were offering these high specs!

Sting played them extensively, especially fretless ones. Lovely basses - why don't you post a pic with a bit of info about yours?

Mike[/quote]
thanks mike you just made an old man very happy when i get the bass tuesday i will post a pic thanks again.

[quote name='Conan' post='1265925' date='Jun 12 2011, 12:16 PM']I had an MC824DS which I sold last year. Great bass, but rather heavy! The 824 is the passive version with twin humbuckers. The DS part refers to the colour - Dark Stain.

I had made mine into a fretless and added an active preamp (well, the Bass Doc did).

Some great tones and plenty of variation available. They are quite hard to come by now, but still go for reasonable prices.[/quote]
thanks conan

[quote name='vmaxblues' date='Jun 12 2011, 09:20 PM' post='1266641']
I have had several, they are fantastic basses, superb quality, really well put together and an accumulating assett!

Enjoy!
[/quo thanks vmax cheers mate

A crap clip of a fretted MC924 played by someone with terrible technique (thumb over the top) [b]and[/b] using a pick...but he has got the moves :) :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OveMDmYC_WY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OveMDmYC_WY[/url]