Why become a member? ×

Mosrite

Gorgeous [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=syosai&sline=1845&print=1&keys2=sakae%40ishibashi%2Eco%2Ejp&tid=list3"]Mosrite Bass on Ishibashi's Ubox[/url]

If I hadn't made a rule about no more 4-string basses I would own this by now...

Edited by BigRedX

if you go through to the webiste on google hit the translate button top right.

its pretty funny :)

General youth of color stock Mosrite!
In clear peeling off the side of the pin end portion of a grain of rice Boditoppuejji.
Peeling paint in a grain of rice on the top part of the body neck joint is in the dough.
In the clear yellowish burnt by the whole.
There are generally small dent and buckle scratches, ocean blue-collar, so unexpectedly to mind.
There are feeling, I do not do this color rarely stock!
General Young fans will recommend it to anyone looking for a unique book of course!
Neck is excellent condition, used Midiamusukeru!
Made you think black clouds.
Remaining 70 frets.
Weight 4200g.
With hard case included.
12 months guaranteed pre-owned.

*Grin*

Unfortunately it's of little use to me at the moment because I need 5-string basses for both the bands I'm playing in. It would look very nice on a stand in my living room, but right now I'm concentrating on owning basses that will actually get used as well as looking fantastic.

To that end expect to see some of my 4-string basses up for sale later this year when I have found 5-string replacements for them.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1266968' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:31 AM']Gorgeous [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=syosai&sline=1507&print=1&keys2=sakae%40ishibashi%2Eco%2Ejp&tid=list3"]Mosrite Bass on Ishibashi's Ubox[/url][/quote]

That link took me smoothly and swiftly to a Sabian cymbal ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1268205' date='Jun 14 2011, 08:40 AM']Hmmm ... less than £1000. I wonder if it's actually a 1965, in which case that's a bloody good price.[/quote]
I don't think so. I would imagine that it is a custom version of [url="http://www.mosrite.co.jp/products/reissue/1965-reissue-bass-model.html"]one of these[/url] which given that they are ¥ 346,500 new in the standard colours is still pretty good VFM.

I rather wish you hadn't posted that.

In Wunjo's a few years ago, I picked up a battered 1964 Mosrite The Ventures thinking it looked like a piece of poo. 30 minutes later, it was all Brian could do to prise it out of my hands.

What he wanted at the time (I think it was about £1200) seemed like a truly outrageous amount. Now I wonder ...

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1266968' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:31 AM']Gorgeous [url="http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/ubox.cgi?T=syosai&sline=1845&print=1&keys2=sakae%40ishibashi%2Eco%2Ejp&tid=list3"]Mosrite Bass on Ishibashi's Ubox[/url]

If I hadn't made a rule about no more 4-string basses I would own this by now...[/quote]

So how much is this in sterling?

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1270561' date='Jun 15 2011, 07:52 PM']So how much is this in sterling?[/quote]
At the moment there's 10% off which makes the pre-Japanese sales tax price (which is what we pay outside of Japan) ¥109,714. Shipping (based on my previous Ishibashi purchases) will be approximately ¥15,000 which gives a total of ¥124,714.

That is £967.45 according to my currency exchange widget.

Remember that there's also VAT, import duty and Parcel Force clearance fees to pay which will add roughly 25% to the shipping inclusive price.

Allow £1250 all in if you want to buy before midnight (Japanese time) on the 27th June - after which the price goes back up to ¥121,600