Why become a member? ×

Stentor DB 1950 model

*** SOLD ***

Since I got my my old czech upright, I haven't really played this, so I'm thinking about offering it up for trade for something that might get used a bit more. I bought this from forum member "Stompbox" - see original sale thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=111875&hl=stentor"] here[/url] and it's quite lovely You can see from his thread that he paid around £600 and had £250 worth of work done to give some indication of value, I still have his original strings, but it is currently strung with a nearly new set of belcantos.

It has a very low, comfortable action at the moment, so would be ideal for someone considering switching from EB

I'd be mainly interested in a jazz, or maybe a precision with an additional j bridge pup - but you never know what else. I'll have a think about a cash price but for now it's a trade/px feeler

pics added on flickr - [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/64282047@N07/sets/72157627006651698/"]here[/url]

[color="#FF0000"]EDIT:[/color] I have a jazz bass incoming so basses I could be interested in are Precisions, maybe a Thunderbird or possibly anything a bit old school. Not really interested in active basses as I have IMHO got one of the best active basses already.

I'm also jonesing for a Trace Elliot rig, so if somebody had for eg a GP12 4 x10 combo with and additional 4 x 10 cab, that would turn my head

With any trades I'm happy to recieve cash to make up the values, but don't have any available at present to put in to a deal

Edited by steve

I'll put a cash sale price of £600 ono

this is for the bass, a soft case, a bow, the original unbranded strings plus the innovation strings referred to in stompboxes original sales ad and the pickup. I will include the belcantos for an additional £75

I should also mention that the bridge has been widened on one side to accept a bass max double piezo pickup, but the original included pickup has some slices of cork which can be used to make a snug fit if needed

have a nice day :)

[quote name='steve' post='1288883' date='Jul 1 2011, 12:19 PM']300 thread views and no comments? Is there no love for Stentors?[/quote]

There is love here :)
Just need to start priming 'er indoors about a possible addition to the family.....
Then sell my Stagg...
So I'm watching and thinking hard about making an offer. The fact that you are only a few miles away makes it even more tempting.

[quote name='grumble' post='1291156' date='Jul 3 2011, 04:37 PM']There is love here :)
Just need to start priming 'er indoors about a possible addition to the family.....
Then sell my Stagg...
So I'm watching and thinking hard about making an offer. The fact that you are only a few miles away makes it even more tempting.[/quote]

good stuff, if you want to come round to give her a try, you're more than welcome