Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Leech G120 Amp Head

gemdids

Hello BC'ers....

I got this amp and speaker cab a couple of years ago. Until last year I was regularly using it for gigs and rehearsals and it served me well but since my band parted ways at Christmas, it's just been sat under my bed gathering dust. I'm saying/thinking this is a long shot as I know nothing about the amp. It was passed on to me by a fellow bassist who used it with a bass but I have suspicions that it's primarily a guitar amp (like I said, I know nothing about these things!)

The speaker cabinet measures 24x24" wide and high, and 14.5" deep. The head is 20.5" wide, 5.5" high and 11" deep.
Controls on the head from left to right go: normal, bright, echo send, return, bass, middle, presence, treble, sustain, distort, injection and foot switch. There is also a switch for studio in/out and clip level on off. It's a bit weather worn as your expect; of note, the black laminate on the back of the head is peeling a bit but nothing some gaffa wouldn't sort. The feet and handles on the head are a rusty but this is just cosmetic. I don't have any spare leads to supply with it but I've plugged it in and just tried it out today with my new Ibanez BTB470 and it worked fine.

[b]Honesty policy[/b]: With my bass on full, it seemed to be crackling a bit but turning my bass down and the volume pot on the amp up, seemed to sort this out without losing too much in volume. I'm not sure if this was happening because the Ibanez is active? I've only ever played passive basses through it which have always worked fine. Again, this may be because it's meant for guitar? I don't honestly know.

I just want rid of it as I'm getting nagged about it taking up too much room. [b]Ideally I'd like to trade it for a smaller combo amp but I'd take £50 for it[/b]. I'm based in South Manchester/Stockport and could possibly deliver it locally otherwise it'll need collecting. If anyone wants to come and look at it or try it out, please feel free. Likewise if you'd like more detailed pictures, let me know.

[attachment=83213:amp_2.JPG]
[attachment=83215:amp_3.JPG]
[attachment=83214:amp_1.JPG]
This is also listed on ebay....just so you know.

Edited by gemdids

Thanks for the cab Gem, .It even looks like the Ampeg cab I`m going to sit it on.
I`ll be trying it out with the Markbass and Ampeg 410 both together and on it`s today at rehearsals but just playing through it in my home it sounded rich and deep.
For anyone thinking about the amp, its a steal at £20 and I was seriously tempted myself.
These Leech amps are increasingly rare and and would make a great rehearsal/small gig amp.
BUMP for the amp!
MM