Why become a member? ×

Ampeg svt4 pro?

MatthewKeys

Hey

I bought an 810 and an svt4 pro today for £850 and I was just curious to how loud the fan should be because it sounded really quiet? Especially in comparisson to my SVT3 PRO which is very very loud.. I'm not even sure if it's the fan, it's just really loud like turning on an old Dell computer. I only really noticed how loud it actually is today after getting the new amp.

Is the SVT4 pro faulty, or is my SVT3 pro mucked up?

Thanks! :)

Edited by MatthewKeys

[quote name='MatthewKeys' post='1282491' date='Jun 25 2011, 09:21 PM']Hey

I bought an 810 and an svt4 pro today for £850 and I was just curious to how loud the fan should be because it sounded really quiet? Especially in comparisson to my SVT3 PRO which is very very loud.. I'm not even sure if it's the fan, it's just really loud like turning on an old Dell computer. I only really noticed how loud it actually is today after getting the new amp.

Is the SVT4 pro faulty, or is my SVT3 pro mucked up?

Thanks! :)[/quote]

Despite electronics getting more and more sophisticated, fans have remained largely undeveloped.
The SVT4 and SVT3 almost certainly use the same type of fans, so if everything is 'as it should be' there should be no difference in fan volume.

The fan on the SVT3 is either in need of a clean (hoover and 1" paint brush) or the bearings are showing signs of wear and the fan needs replacing.