Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mesa Boogie 400+ SOLD

Never thought I would see the day my first tube amp left me but the long and short of it is it's barely been used in the past year and I have some more Matamp stuff coming that makes it even more redundant.

This one has been in my possession probably for around 4 years and has been round at least 3 other BC'ers before me so I'd like to keep it in the family. It was retubed with Groove Tube 6l6's at a cost of £300 a few weeks before it got shelved as the Matamp GT200 arrive, barely used since.

The amp has been maintained and given regular services by my tech and tube genius Dave Lunt, it is a particuarly gainy example of a 400+ but sounds great when pushed and is currently sporting a 12AT7 to make it a bit smoother. I will also drop it by Daves for a service before it leaves my possession.

This is a very early 80's example (I think 1982) so has the 6 band graphic eq instead of the 7 band graphic (so a bit rarer)

Amp is in a great condition with only a few scratches round the holes where you mount it in a rack case. It spent most of it's life in a shockmounted rack case.

Here is some blurb from the manufacturer
[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/Bass_400_/bass_400_.html"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out.../bass_400_.html[/url]

It truely is an amazing amp it's just never used and it should go to someone who gigs it reguarly.

I have also shorted the power cord and added an IEC connector and I will include some spare slo-blo fuses that I have lying around for the amp itself along with a full set of used but still usable EHX 6l6's.

Here are some pics to wet your appetite and I will get more tonight.

I can ship this amp but at buyers expense.

Please not the amp does not include the headcase sleeve pictured above or a rack case.

I'm after £700 but open to offers not really after any trades though.

Feel free to ask me any questions

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000