Why become a member? ×

**Sold - to Juliusmonk** FS: Tanglewood Baron Bass (Limited Edition & with East Pre-amp)

chuck_stones

This looks like a stunning deal, and chuck seems an great guy. How is none jumping on this? Say you picked up the preamp new, the pickups, the strap and the case new and thats about... £450 ish?
So get all that for £350 AND a free bass!

Just a quick sound clip bump. Sorry about the poor audio, I recorded it in Ableton and I'm not exactly familiar with it yet, but you get the idea.

This is the Baron recorded via DI, flat EQ, even blend on pups and no processing at all (EQ, compression, filters etc.). Played using fingers, over the P p'up. Sorry about the crappy drums (and playing for that matter too).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8800648/Baron%20Bass%20-%20Both%20Pups%20-%20Flat%20EQ.mp3

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1337533292' post='1661516']
Sunday bump. Any last chance offers? Might sell the pre-amp and bass separately if anyone is interested.
[/quote]

I'd be interested in the preamp if you came to split. (Not the response you're really after I know, I think we all know its a nice bass - my lad has a Tanglewood bass and loves it - just currently trying to reduce my numbers too.)

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1337779205' post='1665308']
I'd be interested in the preamp if you came to split. (Not the response you're really after I know, I think we all know its a nice bass - my lad has a Tanglewood bass and loves it - just currently trying to reduce my numbers too.)
[/quote]

Hehe, oddly enough I've had a bunch of people enquiring about the pre-amp, but no interest in the bass itself. My circumstances in the past 24 hours have changed dramatically for the better, so I might not be so keen to part ways with either. Mustn't count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak, so will leave it here for the moment until I know for sure. Cheers!

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1337102622' post='1655544']
Man, with that spec if it had 'another' name on it, maybe starting with Wa or Sp it would sell in a second!! Have a bump on me B)
[/quote]

This.

Lovely looking bass, no idea why it hasn't developed more interest! People really need to look past the nametag.... Always makes me giggle when someone lists a sunburst sadowsky or similar for sale; looks exactly like a £100 chinese knock off but the brand has people falling over themselves to say how gorgeous it is ;)

Have a bump :)

I agree entirely.

Glad things are looking better, chuck, hope you can hang onto it, sounds like its worth more to you than anyone, especially at the moment, seems like bass sales are slow!

Let me know if you want to split the preamp though ;)

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1337794662' post='1665604']
Hehe, oddly enough I've had a bunch of people enquiring about the pre-amp, but no interest in the bass itself. My circumstances in the past 24 hours have changed dramatically for the better, so I might not be so keen to part ways with either. Mustn't count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak, so will leave it here for the moment until I know for sure. Cheers!
[/quote]

well that is good news! :)

[quote name='chuck_stones' timestamp='1337090888' post='1655239']
Still available for sale, will entertain offers if anyone doesn't like the asking price. Sadly, it really needs to go :(
[/quote]
I would offer you about £80 for a used Tanglewood, even a shiny one................... let me know how to pay :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...