Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1316725708' post='1382076']
I dont think Ive ever tried a long train journey with three basses and a bag full of kit. Hopefully I'll be travelling alot lighter in the way back
[/quote]

If you'll appreciate a lift from the train station, PM me for my mobile number and I'll come and get you (Addlestone and Chertsey stations are the closest) They're less than 5 mins by car.

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1316733771' post='1382283']

If you'll appreciate a lift from the train station, PM me for my mobile number and I'll come and get you (Addlestone and Chertsey stations are the closest) They're less than 5 mins by car.
[/quote]

Cheers Hamster! But it wont be needed, Merton is picking me up tomorrow night and we'll head over on the morning.

Don't think I'm going to be able to make it tomorrow despite living only 15 minutes away!

However, if anyone is interested in my Epiphone Jack Casady I have for sale, I could probably pop along for a short while for a test drive/handover :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1316765593' post='1382445']
Probably bringing my old Status S1 fiver, looking to sell it for about £350, plenty of mojo but plays well, will advertise it properly later
but if you're at the bash and interested come and have a play!
[/quote]
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't tempt me with more Statusey goodness!

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1316774094' post='1382613']
Currently breaking in a Midget T, Compact, Super Twelve T and Big Twin T, which are all coming subject to fitting in the car!
[/quote]
Excellent! Need to try me er, all of those except the Compact :)

Currently breaking in a Midget T, Compact, Super Twelve T and Big Twin T, which are all coming subject to fitting in the car!
[/quote]HURRAH!
[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1316778864' post='1382711']
Excellent! Need to try me er, all of those except the Compact :)
[/quote]...add me to the list for a run of the Midget T - presently under review for those bijou gigs where you can't swing a kitten let alone a cat.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1316781214' post='1382775']
I'm not going to be bringing anything now, my back is screwed but I will be there for a couple of hours.
[/quote]
I thought you were bringing the missus!! :)

With all the above I think that I had better not bring any cards or I could be in deep do when I return

[/quote]

Nice one ALex, cant wait to hear what the Big Twin can do!

If it all looks in danger of not fitting I know you have a fine selection of power tools in the garage, just whip the roof off the car. I'm sure your wife will be very understanding :)

[indent=1]01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)[/indent]

02. Coasterbass: Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)[indent=1]03. Waynepunkdude: Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412[/indent]

04. MikeyR: Blue P bass with a selection of stomp boxes
05. Truckstop: MIM Fender Jazz V, pimped Kay 2B; Gem/Ampeg rig; some effects
06. Dropzone: Jeff berlin combo and what I think is a Mark 1 Barefaced Compact Cab
07. Pete.young:
08. Shockwave: Pedulla MVP5 Mean Green machine.
09. Sibob: '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
10. Throwoff:
11. TheGreek: Veillette Citron fretless
12. Burgundymouse: Fender Jazz and Laney amp
13. 51m0n: Berg ae410, MB, Focusrite and Roscoe
14. seashell: MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp
15. Barneyg42: Some second-hand tat bought over the years!
16. Happy Jack: Double bass of some description + Status Graphite Streamline 5
17. silddx: Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 / Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live) / Stickman :)
18. Paul the drums: himself & some drums!
19. TomKent: Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
20. Obbm: Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
21. Ped: Vigier Passion bass, BC T shirts
22. Merton: 4 Statii (yes, 4, hooray!), Multiscale prototype, GK MB200
23. Jean-Luc Pickguard: NS-Design CR5M, Ashbory
24. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Trace Elliot, GT-6B, other stuff tba
25. Bassace : A double bass and an amp or two
26. WalMan: Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals
27. SlackAlice: Squier P Bass Special........& hopefully another addition by then. Ashdown Electric Blue 180 12.
28. Mcgraham: Wood & Tronics 5 string fretted & 5 string fretless
29. Pantherairsoft: Roscoe Century Signature 6 & Custom 3006 Fretless
30. Maverick: Maverick S4 Nemesis, Fulltone Bass Drive & EBS Microbass II.
31. Grand Wazoo: Basswise I'll take whatever I like. mostly wonkey fretted ones and an Ashdown Drophead 30
32. sockdeluxe_mikey: Lakland 44-01 and possibly one or two others, Markbass SA450 and Barefaced Compact.
33. Arco: Yamaha SLB 100, Precision, Markbass CMD121P plus anything else I acquire before then....
34. Thestick
35. Low End Bee:
36. Walbassist:
37. bassmanady: Shecter Diamond series Elite 5 string & Sei Flam 5 string
38. alexclaber: trusty RIM Custom 5, a barefaced cab or two plus a drummist!
39. vintage ben: 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).
40. Hamster: mostly tea, coffee & cakes!
41. jhk: Yamaha TRB 5 & 6 plus RBX 775, stingray 5, GB spitfire 5, Eden Metro
42. chimike: various amps, pre-amps…
43. PTB: MTD 535, Reverend 5L, '60s German DB, MarkBass CMD 121P
44: Bassface2k10 Sandberg JM4

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1316803749' post='1383275']A final plea, nay - a grovelling beg - will someone please bring their unused headless Status 5 string bass to the bass - and sell it to me!! - please!! :)[/quote]
I'm bringing mine, but it's used and I ain't selling it but you can look have a play and be jealous..... :)

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1316807624' post='1383322']
I'm bringing mine, but it's used and I ain't selling it but you can look have a play and be jealous..... :)
[/quote]

I can't even play it properly because I've just had a tendon repair in my left hand and it's a bit sore! :)

[b]WORKSHOPS RUNNING ORDER:[/b]

Sorry for the delay on this folks.. Here's the 5 workshops happening tomorrow:

11.30: 'Recording Q&A's' Workshop - 51m0n

12.30: 'Quick Solutions' Workshop - jakesbass

13.30: 'Double Bass' Workshop - bassace

14.30: 'Music Theory & technique' Workshop - mcgraham

15.30 'Life as a freelance bass player' and 'Krampera Demo' Workshop - TomKent

We're going to decide first thing tomorrow where to site them. 51m0n's, mcgraham's & Tom's workshops will definitely be in the theatre, but it might be best for Jake's & Roger's to take place in the quiet room/foyer area. That way, if we need to adjust the timings to accomodate the people delivering the workshops, then we'll have the flexibility to do so.. Hope that's OK for everybody?

Also, don't forget the Jam Room that's happening for those of you that want to groove along with a drummer... and the amazing Raffle this year!!!

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow! :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik