Why become a member? ×

Gig slot possibly available

Low End Bee

The band we had pencilled in to play with us on 1st October at the Grey Horse, Kingston can't make it now.

Any local original bands who'd be in or complement our musical ball park (power pop/rock trio) interested? Would need to be able to bring a few paying punters. Not expecting a Mongol Hoard but not just 2 mates who sneak in for free either.

I have a few contacts to pursue but I thought I'd offer it out here as well.

[quote name='clauster' post='1303599' date='Jul 14 2011, 02:58 PM']Oh Jeez, I love playing the Grey Horse and we can normally bring a dozen or more people, so long as we aren't on stupidly early, but our guitarist is away for paternity leave at that time :)[/quote]

And having listened to your band you would have been perfect!

[quote name='Low End Bee' post='1303680' date='Jul 14 2011, 04:07 PM']And having listened to your band you would have been perfect![/quote]

Thanks for the compliment :)

Would really have enjoyed playing that gig. Might well pop up to be part of the audience.

[quote name='clauster' post='1303969' date='Jul 14 2011, 08:48 PM']Thanks for the compliment :)

Would really have enjoyed playing that gig. Might well pop up to be part of the audience.[/quote]

I'm sure we could do another one in the future.

As for Nottingham? The farthest North we've played so far is Camden....

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had High Rise play there? Or was it just some kids from Kingston College?
The bassist in HighRise is my sister's boyfriend, and I attended some gigs of the Kingston college students a while ago at the Grey Horse.

[quote name='argm' post='1332045' date='Aug 8 2011, 01:36 PM']Have you had High Rise play there? Or was it just some kids from Kingston College?
The bassist in HighRise is my sister's boyfriend, and I attended some gigs of the Kingston college students a while ago at the Grey Horse.[/quote]

I've just got a gig at the Grey Horse. I have no association with them other than that we play there every few months. I'm just trying to fill the place of the original support to us who had to pull out.
It's a long time since any of the Jetsonics were students.....

If you're still looking, you could see if Rich (promoter who does the gigs at the Grey Horse on a Thursday) of Rockin' Horse Promotions could hook you up with someone?

[url="http://www.myspace.com/rockinhorsenights"]Rockin' Horse MySpace[/url]

[quote name='clauster' post='1332088' date='Aug 8 2011, 02:01 PM']If you're still looking, you could see if Rich (promoter who does the gigs at the Grey Horse on a Thursday) of Rockin' Horse Promotions could hook you up with someone?

[url="http://www.myspace.com/rockinhorsenights"]Rockin' Horse MySpace[/url][/quote]

Just realised he hasn't logged in to MySpace for three weeks! Oops