Why become a member? ×

Badass V on Fender US deluxe?

Bassy

Has anyone ever fitted a Badass V to a Fender USA Jazz deluxe 5 or any Fender 5 string?
I've been told a couple of things, that the holes for the string though body will not match-up? This seems odd, as it's meant to be a direct Fender replacement? Also that it is too wide to have comfatable string spacing on the neck?
Anybody?

Ummm

Try the sticky on BadAss bridges. That may help!

Otherwise, if the string-thru holes don't line up with the ones on the body, it's a bit of a no-no.
All the III's I've investigated for my MIA Jazz looked okay, and are in a straight line as per the body holes. Is a V different in that respect?

As for string spacing, if it's string-thru, that suggests it's a BadAss III (like above). They have grooved saddles allowing for spacing adjustment to at least 3 variations.
If it's a II, you file the saddles (IF you choose to) yourself, in which case, the world is your oyster. Choose your ideal spacing, and file away (carefully!)

Edited by Lfalex v1.1

Thanks for that. No nothing in the sticky.
Yes i think it's odd that the V bridge wouldn't match up for the through body holes? I've mailed the people at Badass, but no reply yet. Guess i'll have to buy one and see how it matches.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='151427' date='Mar 4 2008, 11:34 PM']Ummm

Try the sticky on BadAss bridges. That may help!

Otherwise, if the string-thru holes don't line up with the ones on the body, it's a bit of a no-no.
All the III's I've investigated for my MIA Jazz looked okay, and are in a straight line as per the body holes. Is a V different in that respect?

As for string spacing, if it's string-thru, that suggests it's a BadAss III (like above). They have grooved saddles allowing for spacing adjustment to at least 3 variations.
If it's a II, you file the saddles (IF you choose to) yourself, in which case, the world is your oyster. Choose your ideal spacing, and file away (carefully!)[/quote]

Just found this old thread on talk bass. It seems that Leo Quon has been looking at a string through bridge replacement for the US Deluxes but as this thread is 2 years old, i won't hold my breath.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184218"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184218[/url]

[quote name='Bassy' post='151842' date='Mar 5 2008, 04:34 PM']Thanks for that. No nothing in the sticky.
Yes i think it's odd that the V bridge wouldn't match up for the through body holes? I've mailed the people at Badass, but no reply yet. Guess i'll have to buy one and see how it matches.[/quote]