Why become a member? ×

FS: Sonic Blue Precision project £125

Picked this up in a recent trade (original pics at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=144819&hl=)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=144819&hl=)[/url]. I'm going to keep the PUPs, circuit and pickguard, but the body's not really my colour and I've more Precision necks that you can poke with a stick, so they're off!

So, what you get for your money is:

Ryder Sonic blue body, medium weight, nice and resonant, I'd guess alder.
Mighty Mite Precision neck, b-width, 70's profile. maple board, decent condition. Frets fine; truss rod works and has plenty of movement left, a nice neck to play.
Hi mass bridge (looks like a Gotoh but could be a lookalike). Has string through option (as does the body).
String through ferrules.
Tuners (I assume generic but could be RIs), string tree, neck plate/screws, strap buttons etc.

So, in short, all you'll need is a PUP, a circuit and a pickguard and you have yourself a Sonic Blue Precision, and a pretty decent one at that (I have a white single-ply or BWB triple-ply pickguards I could throw in for and extra £15 or so). Personally, I'd have a SPB-1 in there with some La Bella Jamersons, but then I'm usually in the minority on these things!

I don't really know what the whole 'Sue Ryder Bass' thing was, but it seems a surprisingly well made and finished body for a economy model, and it's a good colour finish that has a genuinely retro feel (there's a few chinks here and there of course)! Please note that the pickguard in the pics above doesn't appear to cover cavity at jack socket but several standard Fender fit guards I've got here do.

£125 for the lot seems fair?

I'll post pics if the one in the link aren't good enough. I think I've mentioned everything but if not, please ask away :)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='mcnach' post='1316236' date='Jul 25 2011, 08:52 PM']If you decide to part with the bridge separately, I'd be interested, for a Jazz-body & Sue Ryder neck frankenbass :)[/quote]

Hey mate, I'll keep it with the body FTB but let you know if that changes

C

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1316975' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:15 PM']Must...not...be...tempted...ah, sod it, is it the neck pictured in the link?[/quote]

Yes, you get everything in the link except the PUPs, circuit and pickguard

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='1316978' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:18 PM']Yes, you get everything in the link except the PUPs, circuit and pickguard

Chris[/quote]

Sorry, the bridge cover is excluded also.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1316981' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:18 PM']Sorry, the bridge cover is excluded also.[/quote]

That's just answered my very next question :) I take it the neck fits the pocket snugly etc, no lateral movement or owt?

I'm more interested than I should be given finances, but should be due back a fair wedge of rent overpayment from the place I've just moved out from which should more than cover this... :)

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1317000' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:28 PM']That's just answered my very next question :) I take it the neck fits the pocket snugly etc, no lateral movement or owt?

I'm more interested than I should be given finances, but should be due back a fair wedge of rent overpayment from the place I've just moved out from which should more than cover this... :lol:[/quote]

Neck and body fit very well, it's a very solid and robust feeling unit, a classic Precision :)

Colour me very interested, should hear back from the letting agents later today that all's well and they're fully refunding my deposit & rent overpayment, if it's as much as I think it should be I'll have it. Lovely looking-thing, although I'd NEVER have thought I'd go for that colour - there doesn't seem to be much in it between Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue as things go? [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/support/colorchart/index.php/?show=blue&color=5"]http://www.fender.com/en-GB/support/colorc...lue&color=5[/url]

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1317013' date='Jul 26 2011, 01:35 PM'].... there doesn't seem to be much in it between Sonic Blue and Daphne Blue as things go? [url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/support/colorchart/index.php/?show=blue&color=5"]http://www.fender.com/en-GB/support/colorc...lue&color=5[/url][/quote]

Now you've blown it mate, it'll be Salmonpinkgate all over again :)

Edited by Beedster

Have a bump....

I've also got a sonic blue Ryder hybrid with a Mighty Mite R/W neck. If its the same as mine, it will be a cracking P-Bass & way better than a Squier sonic blue CV IMHO.
You shouldn't have a problem shifting it at that price , bargain!

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='1317755' date='Jul 26 2011, 10:50 PM']Have a bump....

I've also got a sonic blue Ryder hybrid with a Mighty Mite R/W neck. If its the same as mine, it will be a cracking P-Bass & way better than a Squier sonic blue CV IMHO.
You shouldn't have a problem shifting it at that price , bargain![/quote]

Cheers Nick, it is rather nice. You'd have thought someone would have gone for it by now (I would have done for sure, but then that's how I ended up with so many Precisions in the first place, Beedster Towers was like a home for abused Precisions).

Anyway, I could use some Paypal funds so get those offers in folks :)

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Baskesman' post='1318325' date='Jul 27 2011, 02:52 PM']if you'd sell the neck seperately?
(pm'd earlier on)[/quote]

Hi mate
Sorry, it's now sold. Apologies for not replying sooner but the site is running very slowly for me today
Chris