Why become a member? ×

Cheap 2x10s?

MatthewKeys

Hey

I'm looking for a cheap 2x10 that will get the job done for emergency gigs where I can't take my cab, for jazz band and for band practice where theres no gear.

I don't really know where to start looking but I know that it has to be cheapish. Or if there is any 1x15 or 1x12 cabs that will also do the job, please recommend them!

Also, it has to be able to handle a 1600watt SVT4 haha :)

Cheers

I got my Ashdown MAG 2x10 for about £100 new. It's pretty average sounding to be honest but it's also a useful little cab for tiny pub gigs (stood on end as the 'feet' wrap right around). I'm no expert but I think the cabinet itself seems really nice and it's the blue drivers that seem to let it down.
BTW - I always have big PA support so this cab is only ever an extrension cab or purely for onstage monitoring.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='1319072' date='Jul 28 2011, 10:18 AM']It should do the job if you don't max your volume knob.[/quote]

Agreed, i really like the old Peavey gear. Don't think i've ever got a bad sound out of a Peavey rig, they always do the business.

I would add that a single 2x10 (especially a budget one) is unlikely to cope with lots of power, as long as you're expectations of it are realistic. If you have a loud drummer and/or insufficient monitors then buy two!