Why become a member? ×

New Dingwall Super J 4 - Trans White

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1324991' date='Aug 2 2011, 10:39 PM']I only just checked this out.

I don't usually read Dingwall threads as they are expensive and I want one :)

That is truly superb!

Now, how much will I get for a kidney?[/quote]

Have you heard one yet? 'ckin' amazing they are, I tell ya, try this:

I've played a few Dingwalls now and the fanned fret thing just isn't for me. I'm always a little drawn to them though... I can't say I like the look of them either, that headstock on the Jazz is quite frankly a bit nasty and it looks absolutely crazy. But they sound brilliant. An acquired taste all round I suppose, and I still find myself not ruling them out to buy in the future. Not too sure what I'm to conclude from all of this, but I'd very much like to try this one out.

The headstock is an acquired taste. It might be different in terms of looks but it's actually a crafty clever design that reduces weight and has all the tuning pegs recessed or countersunk to give the necessary break angle tension without the need for string tree retainers which would otherwise add weight and spoil the look.

This month's BGM (Bass Guitar Mag) has a very positive review on 2 other Ding's, if you care to read it click below

(p.s. ATT All Agony Aunties = I realize it is probably not allowed for us to reproduce articles from magazines, but hey... do I look bothered?) :)

[u][i][b][url="http://www.captnmoto.co.uk/videos/BGMReview.pdf"]Click here[/url][/b][/i][/u]

Edited by Grand Wazoo

I really like the headstock & would like to see it on some other bass designs from Dingwall.
I even like the fact that the gold & black D reminds me of transfers from the 70s when I was a kid (almost like a new nostalgic bass).
Now gimme a 5 stringer with 2 extra frets! :)

But when does BGM not have a positive review? :-)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1325166' date='Aug 3 2011, 07:12 AM']This month's BGM (Bass Guitar Mag) has a very positive review on 2 other Ding's, if you care to read it click below

(p.s. ATT All Agony Aunties = I realize it is probably not allowed for us to reproduce articles from magazines, but hey... do I look bothered?) :)

[u][i][b][url="http://www.captnmoto.co.uk/videos/BGMReview.pdf"]Click here[/url][/b][/i][/u][/quote]

Thanks for posting that :)

I really like it (including the headstock) and that does not help my cause!

If I ever get a chance to play one, I do feel that I will want to buy it :)

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1325003' date='Aug 2 2011, 10:49 PM']Have you heard one yet? 'ckin' amazing they are, I tell ya, try this:

[/quote]