Why become a member? ×

SOLD!Fender Precision Bass Fotoflame - SOLD!!

Shonks

Hi folks,
selling a 95' japanese fender p bass in cherryburst with limited edition fotoflame ,overall in great condition with only light minor scratches top back - see pics. Otherwise pristine.
neck also is in great shape with no fret wear or pitting.
Neck is extremely comfortable to play and is essentially a 62 reissue neck with vintage frets a 7.5 radius, and 1.625 nut width, propably one of the nicest necks ive had my hands on and is a dream to play. None of those dreaded fender dead notes on the G.
Pick guard is a nice pearloid off white colour and is original to the bass. It seems to have a very subtle orange tinge to it which compliments the burst.
Bridge is the original standard fender with solid saddles
The overall weight is about 8 pounds. It's definitely lighter than my other basses..
These are a limited edition so they are increasingly collectable.
Aside from the foto flame,this is a standard MIJ 62' japanese reissue with the USA vintage p'up.
The bass comes with a heavy duty flight case (pictured) which cost over £100. The case been knocked about a bit but is in a decent shape considering its so well travelled, and its done its job well as the bass it 99.9% immaculate.

collect from Southend in Essex or with post at buyers risk and cost

[b]£5,500 - trades will be considered[/b]

this has the fotoflame logo on the back of the headstock

the only blemish on this otherwise immaculate bass

Edited by Shonks

hi folks,
when I say trade options considered, I suppose I should let you know what I'm up for.
(bearing in mind, that I consider this bass I'm selling very much a bargain, as I think its worth more like £6,500 than £5,500 - but in today's climate, I'm being realistic)

I'm very much a Leo Fender fan and I play mainly Jazz bass. The reason I'm selling this baby is because I love my custom Jazz so much I don't use the 'P' at all.
I get a great 'P' sound out of my jazz and because this 'P' is so beautiful I'm always scared of hurting it - a bit anal I know, so it should go to someone who will love it and use it.

I'm up for:
most Leo designed basses: Musicman, Fender Jazz Basses, or in that style. Maybe G&L - not sure.
Quite like Warwicks - but I am mainly a tradionalist

I may consider amplification.

I might be into a good electric guitar, cant play them that well, but always fancied owning a decent one - specially a 'jazzy-ish' type

dont mind cash adjustment either way, but money is tight as we are all painfully aware. :)

Edited by Shonks

Just received this bass from Steve, what a gorgeous instrument, one of the nicest Precisions that I have ever seen. A few adjustments to make and it will be gigging on Friday and Saturday this week.

If you ever need to deal with Steve I can say that you can do so without hesitation, no problems with the sale or communication, everything done as you would expect.

Regards,

[quote name='GT40Graham' post='1343158' date='Aug 17 2011, 02:28 PM']Just received this bass from Steve, what a gorgeous instrument, one of the nicest Precisions that I have ever seen. A few adjustments to make and it will be gigging on Friday and Saturday this week.

If you ever need to deal with Steve I can say that you can do so without hesitation, no problems with the sale or communication, everything done as you would expect.

Regards,[/quote]
thanks for that Graham

BTW - It didn't cost him £5000, I just added the extra '0' to wind you all up - :)

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' post='1343187' date='Aug 17 2011, 02:42 PM']thanks for that Graham

BTW - It didn't cost him £5000, I just added the extra '0' to wind you all up - :)[/quote]

lol I was reading wondering if I was missing something!! 5 grand seemed a tad steep lol

• 1 month later...