Why become a member? ×

Band members

janmaat

Personally I wouldn't cut the band just to keep the money up per head, but then we are only 5. I'd add more but can't justify it so we have a few favours called in for sit-ins
for the more prestigous festival type gigs, but that relies on the other guys being there working anyway.
Also, the set isn't really a busking set so that is a limiting factor as well.

I've been in a couple of 4-pieces and am in a 6-piece now, but I'd quite like to have a go at being in a trio. Something about it appeals to me - probably the opportunity to cut loose a bit more without some twonk of a guitarist taking up all the space with their riffs and effects pedals. You can't sing and solo at the same time. Thank God.

[quote name='jamirrorquai' timestamp='1335375470' post='1630191']
Shame that you think of me as a tool of the highest order, but that is your decision. I hope that you continue to make great music in the future and have loads of success in everything you do. Because although things didn't work out and as you say it was impossible to co ordinate everyone and to get them to care enough, I would never have anything bad to say about someone who tried to do something they have faith in.

[/quote]

Surely if you're going to do the tribute thing properly you need to be a tool of the highest order to front a Jamiroquai-a-like.

Me, I'm planning on fronting a Fall tribute as I have many of the necessary personality traits, not to mention the dental arrangement.

[quote name='janmaat' timestamp='1313399036' post='1340364']
Was joking in the band practise, the more members in the band the less costs pP for the rehearsal room.
Obviously the other way round once you get paid gigs - that's when it's time to get rid of some.
What's the ideal number of players to a band to you?
[/quote]
I guess the trick is to rehearse up your 10 piece soul band but go out as a solo artist!?! :)

A 3 piece is too many if one of the band is an idiot but generally I seem to be in 4 or 5 piece bands