Why become a member? ×

Just finished off my rig. Advice...

Rikki_SB

[quote name='Rikki_SB' post='1345406' date='Aug 19 2011, 01:20 PM']

Finally just got my new rig together, anyone got advice on my settings ?
Im looking for a really grindy/rattley kinda tone, any words of wisdom ?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Er, isn't that the kind of question you should ask [i][b]before[/b][/i] buying new gear? :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1345570' date='Aug 19 2011, 03:41 PM']Shouldn't you be sitting and fiddling with the controls, finding out what does what as opposed to just asking on here?[/quote]

Yeah, I will be when I get my cab fixed. just now im relying on practise studios cabs to mess about with it.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1345480' date='Aug 19 2011, 02:24 PM']When a "grindy/rattly" tone is mentioned, I always think of Fleas tone. Apparently he uses a Boss ODB-3 to get that, through his set-up.[/quote]

Flea genuinely uses an ODB3? I used one and doubt I could get remotely near! :)

What am I missing, Lozz? Don't say a million-quid of cabs, sound technicians, years of experience, etc... I mean [i]other than those things?[/i] :)

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1345591' date='Aug 19 2011, 04:10 PM']Flea genuinely uses an ODB3? I used one and doubt I could get remotely near! :lol:

What am I missing, Lozz? Don't say a million-quid of cabs, sound technicians, years of experience, etc... I mean [i]other than those things?[/i] :)[/quote]
Specially grown finger-nails :)

No, serioulsy, I read that somewhere, can`t remember where though. I think he used it on a very minimal setting, as his GK gear is/was quite grindy anyway. Just adds a little bit, and combined with his rather aggressive style, pushes the sound into that grind/rattle.

I think really what`s missing is his Modulus, and the GK rig running at fair volume. Chuck in the ODB3 and there you go.