Why become a member? ×

Those TC Electronic RS210 & RS212 cabs

far0n

Was considering getting a couple of RS212 cabs and wanted to stack them end on end. Thing is the cabs themselves look quite narrow and I have visions of them toppling over if given a bit of a knock. I've got my amp, compressor and tuner in a rack mount that I was planning on sitting on top so this may well make it quite top heavy. Do they cabs lock into to each other properly or do they simply sit on top of each other ? Ta folks.

[quote name='far0n' post='1348790' date='Aug 23 2011, 10:51 AM']Was considering getting a couple of RS212 cabs and wanted to stack them end on end. Thing is the cabs themselves look quite narrow and I have visions of them toppling over if given a bit of a knock. I've got my amp, compressor and tuner in a rack mount that I was planning on sitting on top so this may well make it quite top heavy. Do they cabs lock into to each other properly or do they simply sit on top of each other ? Ta folks.[/quote]

They just sit on each other. The 12's are a lot deeper than the 10's and more stable but I think you'd be pushing the stability envelope with a big old rack unit on top. You could strap the handles to each other with a bungy or something to make it more stable.

I have 2x10's and i must admit it does make me nervous when i do need to stack them end to end,due to lack of space.

the cabs are also rounded,reducing the area,not a good design in that respect.

I think the 2x12 being deeper and heavier would be better tho'

Edited by bassmanady