Why become a member? ×

Fender Roger Waters Sig Bass - Thoughts?

bassatnight

Folks,

I am thinking of investing in a Roger Waters Sig Bass, I have around £500 to spend on a Fender P and want a all black maple but cannot stretch to a grand for a US.
having done a little research (mainly you tube) I couldn't help but be impressedwith the tones on the Roger Water Model it comes with some nice extras like the
Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter-Pound split-coil Precision Bass pickup and a nice brass nut.

Anyone got one? played one?

Thoughts?

Steve.

Never tried one but the specs look OK, I noticed Dolphin have one at a slight discount;
[url="http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/56446-fender-roger-waters-precision-bass-maple-black-black-pickguard-b-stock.html"]http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/5644...rd-b-stock.html[/url]

I've always felt reluctant to purchase signature models purely because I think the name just adds to the cost.

I guess if I researched it and thought that it was good value for a MIM instrument with that spec, then I would go for it.

I was bidding a couple of nights back on a neck from one of these models, not because of the Roger Waters connection but because I thought it was a good neck, with the dimensions I wanted and a decent nut. I missed out by a couple of dollars in the end :)

P.S. I do like Roger Waters and the bass

Picked one up from on here a few months back and its been my go to bass ever since.

Am currently changing hardware on it, (not that there is anything wrong with the existing hardware) have just added black Hipshot tuners (and a D-Tuner), got one of those black Babicz bridges on the way, then an East P-Retro. Its strung with La Bella flats.

For me, the neck is great, the slightly wider spacing suits me and how I play (sloppy), not sure if I personally notice any difference with a brass nut especially using flats, or rounds for that matter. Works well in my band for the punk, ska and reggae we play with a little twist of the tone control and switching between pick and fingers.

Very pleased with it.