Why become a member? ×

Peavey PR15 pm. Class D, bi-amplified powered stage monitor.

[b]Peavey PV 15PM[/b]

Brilliant 15" class D bi-amp powered stage monitor, bought by me a few weeks ago, with the intention of putting my bass through it on stage to reduce set up time and carry.

Wrong! Its an extremely powerful monitor (see spec below), with a 15" speaker, but obviously was'nt designed to use to monitor bass with. Its unbelievably good (and loud!) with vocals, keyboards, guitars etc, which it was obviously designed to cope with, but the speaker hasnt got enough travel, if thats the right word, for a bass signal. It works, but doesnt sound right with a bass alone.

As I said, its only a few weeks old, and retails at over £400. Its the brand new model with a curved front (photos to follow), but as we have a full system of vocal monitors, I no longer have a use for it. Its a steal at £295, and I guess delivery would be between £15 and £20. Its obviously still fully guaranteed, and the only thing that I have done to it is fit a flightcase lifting handle on the side to compliment the 2 it already has.

The Peavey pv 15pm is a two-way powered monitor system engineered with a bi-amplified class d power section that drives a 15 inch woofer and a 1.5 inch titanium diaphragm 14t compression tweeter, with a total of 200 watts (rms) power. The high speed amp topology yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available, and combined with the woofer's neodymium speaker magnet, yields extra light weight. These Peavey speakers are proven party starters and essential gear for the stage.
Peavey PV 15PM features:
bi-amplified class D powered system with 200 Watts total power
DDT™ compression on both power amps
15'' (381mm) heavy duty woofer with 2-3/8'' (60mm) voice coil and neodymium magnet
Woofer Servo
automatic equal loudness (Fletcher-Munson) compensation
14T™ 1.4'' (35mm) titanium compression driver
peak SPL up to 120 dB with music
combo jack with 1/4'' (6.35mm) TRS and female XLR mic- or line-level balanced input
two 1/4'' (6.35mm) phone jacks for link-out/direct-in capability
heavy duty carpet covering
Weight: 47 lbs (21.4 kg

Edited by bobpalt

Morning Bob.

My daughter was saying to me the other day that her band need a decent monitor. I'll see her later today and mention that you have one for sale.
Don't hole your breath though as I know they are a bit strapped for cash at the mo.

I will get back to you if they express any interest.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...