Why become a member? ×

First Ever Recording!

tombomb

So I picked up a bass about 5 months ago (along with a friend who picked up some drum sticks), a bit after that I bought a lovely L2000 from a lovely man in Ashford on this forum but other than that have shyed away from the forum with newbie nerves!

Anyway, since then picked up a used Ampeg b500dr and an Ampeg 15" to play through.
Don't have loads on money but all told I've spent about £600 on axe and amps for a hobby which I'm absolutely loving!!

Anyway, back to the point.
Whilst our guitarist/singer has recorded before it was a first for me. Quite stress ful but interesting to learn and hear first hand the wisdom of less is more, both in the number of notes as well as finger pressure applied!

[url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-of-Susan/184661901582037?sk=app_178091127385"]Here's[/url] our FB band page, with our little EP.
I'd really welcome any constructive honest feedback.

Cheers!

Tom

If you have done all that in only 5 months, I would say that is pretty good going.

We had our first recording session a few weeks ago, was a bit daaunting at first, but as long as you treat it just like a rehearsal or gig it works out fine dont it?

Well done anyway, sounding good.

Yeah it was cool. Although guitar and drums got laid down together and played on my lonesome, wasn't really expecting that so a bit weird and harder to get "locked in" as we didn't have a click and the tempo (I didn't think) wasn't consistent.

Good fun though, seeing how it all comes together on the second day!