Why become a member? ×

p bass ashtray cover

Kev

id love to fit a nice chrome ashtray cover to my p bass, but i have a couple of questions:

1. would one fit over my badass II bridge? the bridge is much larger than the standard fender bridge

2. is there any, any way of fitting it without screwing ruddy big holes into my bass??

the answer of 'no' will no doubt be used for at least one of the questions, but just though id ask

IIRC you can get an ashtray cover to fit over a Badass II however I think they're more the Jazz type cover.
You dont need to use screws, A big nail will also do they job!! :)

Seriously though you could possibly use double sided tape. But when you take it off you may bring some paint with it.

BTW I've just got a PuP Cover to go on my Lakland DJ, so I'll be drilling a couple of holes in that.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='158309' date='Mar 16 2008, 08:48 AM']could do that i guess, i might look into it, still dont like the idea of riskin the finish of the bass

mikeh, did you mean the p bass cover wont fit over the badassII, but the jazz would?[/quote]

The standard P bridge cover wont fit over the BAII. There's a cover that will, but it's more akin looks-wise to the Jazz covers that cover a standard bridge plus the Jazz's bridge pickup. I don't think a standard Jazz cover will fit, as the Badass is wider than a standard Fender bridge.

Ive got a Sting Tele Bass reissue with a Bad Ass III which has what I took to be a precision cover on it---it doesnt cover the Bad Ass completely but looks ok --fraid mine came like this and was screwed in but I like it. Couldnt get to grips with p/up cover so Im left with two ugly screw holes.