Why become a member? ×

Sold: JOHN EAST PREAMP - U-Retro Deluxe 4-Knob Gold.

EAST PREAMP - U-Retro Deluxe 4-knob Gold. This is a fairly recent product and not on his site yet. I chose it after a long chat with John about my requirements. It's basically the 5 Knob U-Retro with the Blend and Volume as a stack.

It is a fantastic pre, very versatile and wonderfully built. These are £218 new. This is in mint condition.

[b]£160 posted.[/b]

Edited by silddx

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel - does this have the 6mm threaded shafts for fitting through the scratch plate? I'm guessing so. And does it have the little toggle switches or do the controls somehow by-pass these? Can't see in the pic.

Ta.

Hello Paul,

I believe they are 6mm and I'll check tomorrow. This design is John's switchless version. From front to back it has volume/pickup pan stack, bass/treble stack with pull bright, mid/sweep stack, and a passive tone/pull for passive mode.

Cheers,
Nigel

Thanks Nigel. Sounds like it would be perfect for my refurbished Precision Lyte. Against the advice of everyone on here :) I replaced the existing broken innerds with an Artec SE-2 and I'm slightly less than happy with it. Although I have yet to play it at rehearsal/gig volume - that is going to be tomorrow night - so will leave final judgement until then. Plus I just have to justify shelling out. I'll have a think and let you know after then - of course if there is another taker in the meanwhile that is their good fortune :) .

Two more questions - are all the pup connections soldered or does it have the little screw connectors? And does the passive tone roll off work when active? This is a feature something I find useful on my P-Retro.