Why become a member? ×

Really nice J pickup modified MIA Precision at Bass Gallery

Clarky

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1373401' date='Sep 14 2011, 04:46 PM']Hmmm... It looks really like a modded MIA that Warwickhunt used to own (and Bottomendian before that, I think)...

I really like the newer P's and J's. They look solid.[/quote]
IIRC Warwickhunt's had a bit of the pickguard filed/cut away (near the '70s placed J p/u), presumably so that fingers or thumb didn't get wedged between p/u and pickguard. This doesn't appear to be the same, but it could just be the way the pictures have come out

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1373401' date='Sep 14 2011, 04:46 PM']Hmmm... It looks really like a modded MIA that Warwickhunt used to own (and Bottomendian before that, I think)...

I really like the newer P's and J's. They look solid.[/quote]
It does 'look' like my old one but it isn't as that resides with my keyboard player. Oh and Bottomendian did own it... but I had it before and after him! :)

Oddly enough I advertised that bass on here and I got virtually no interest (I sold it for a LOT less than The Gallery bass) despite the pup installation being done at The Gallery and the bass having Nordstrands in it. If the bass had been a 1/2-1lb lighter I'd have most certainly kept it.

Oh and well remembered about the pickguard cut-away Clarky. :)

Edited by warwickhunt