Why become a member? ×

String change

chris_b

After about 8 years exclusively using DR strings I've just put some 45- 130 Dunlop nickels on my Lull bass. These strings get consistently good reviews on TB so I thought I’d give them a go.

They don't feel or sound that different from where I'm standing but the guys in the band have all commented that the bass sound has "improved" a lot since the change! The wife thinks they're better too, but that’s because they are £10 cheaper than the DR's!

I just hope they last as long!

[quote name='chris_b' post='1370280' date='Sep 12 2011, 12:10 PM']They don't feel or sound that different from where I'm standing[/quote]

Depends where you're standing :-)

I've never thought of trying Dunlops TBH, i'm still loving Rotosound RB's and Warwick Reds....mainly due to the price....

G

Edited by fender73

[quote name='fender73' post='1370292' date='Sep 12 2011, 12:21 PM']....Depends where you're standing....[/quote]
Yes. The sound seems to be developing further away from the cab. I've only played small cover band gigs so far but I've got some larger gigs coming up so I'll be moving about as far as my cable will allow.

It's also nice that a change I've made has been picked up by the band and that they think it's an improvement.