Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass neck - FS £130 posted

Hi guys

I've decided to sell the neck off my Squier VM 77 Jazz bass. I bought the bass only 3 months ago and I'm going to stick a P bass neck on it for the time being as I'm used to playing the P necks.
The price is set at £130 and I don't want to take any less than that which is a bloody good price as it'll be coming with all the hardware fitted to it (I'll take off £10 if you don't want the tuning pegs)

The neck is in perfect condition with no marks, scratches, dents or dings and I usually clean it every week to keep it looking crystal clean. As mentioned in the title, it's got a maple fretboard with white binding and pearloid block inlays. As well as that, it has the black truss hole protector fitted and the rosewood/mahogany (whatever it is) skunk stripe down the back of the neck. I will include the Squier neck plate with it if needs be as well as 4 neck screws.

These necks usually sell on ebay for close to £180 then you have the postage costs on top of that so this is definitely a bargain. I have fitted a Graphtec top nut to the neck (it hasnt been glued down though so there isn't any damage to the neck) but I will be re-fitting the original nut back on the neck. Again, there is no damage to the nut as it was removed slowly and carefully by the luthier at my local guitar shop.

I'll package the neck securely in thick bubble wrap with a layer of cardboard round the outside to protect it even more.

Pics of the bass are in this topic: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=147895&hl="]Squier VM Jazz Bass[/url]

Cheers
Stevie

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009

Ah well you see I just remembered I have a rosewood Jazz neck in my room on my un-complete checkerboard P bass (still needs finishing, cba tbh haha) so I'm going to use that. Plus it's got proper '87 Fender tuning pegs on it so that saves me having to buy new ones.
I do love the P bass with Jazz neck combo though, when I can afford a custom shop Fender (i got the quote for my designed one at £2.7k) it's going to have a jazz neck with a P body.

SOMEONE BUY THIS NECK!

Yep, cant beat a good jazz neck on anything IMO. Saying that i particularly like the CV necks for their vintage frets. I find it makes playing a bit easier.
I even like the P neck although as i have a choice i go for the narrower nut.

Good luck with the sale.

No you can't. I do prefer the jazz profile over the precision profile 'cos it just rests in your hand so much easier (IMO before someone hurts me). I haven't played a CV P so I couldn't comment on the frets, only proper P basses I've played are my Steve Harris sig, the Am Standard 2010, a 67 P and a a few Squier ones (but as said, none of the CV range)

Thanks dude. Hopefully I can shift it soon