Why become a member? ×

Using a pair of Markbass 121P Combos

Smash

I think either way would be just as loud as they're gonna move just as much air.
I'd love to do the stereo thing though! The Bass Murf has had me wanting to for many yonks. :)

edit to say I've seriously considered getting another 102P combo to do such a thing, but funds won't allow just now (& there's one for sale for £550 too!!!).

Edited by xgsjx

hmmm... 2 300watt amps into 8ohms gives you 300watts.

If you can unplug one amp and link the cab.. therefore using it as an extn cab, you'll get closer to 500watts into 4ohms.
Why would you want the two combos...the extn cab on its own would be the cheaper lighter better option, IMO.

The only reason why you would want a two channel amp is if you were to bi-amp...and this is a zillion miles away from that anyway.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1374743' date='Sep 15 2011, 06:41 PM']hmmm... 2 300watt amps into 8ohms gives you 300watts.

If you can unplug one amp and link the cab.. therefore using it as an extn cab, you'll get closer to 500watts into 4ohms.
Why would you want the two combos...the extn cab on its own would be the cheaper lighter better option, IMO.

The only reason why you would want a two channel amp is if you were to bi-amp...and this is a zillion miles away from that anyway.[/quote]
I used to run a Markbass head and a TC Electronics head into seperate 8ohms cabs running from my Attitude bass, clean bass through one and distortion through the other, it sounded great to my ears and dead simple on the fly to change the tone. I just wanted to know how 2 x combos would sound as I like the form factor, also hopefully be able to connect them together and disable one amp for a full 4ohm set up. if this is possible?

A very long time ago I experimented with two amps/biamping etc. I discovered a world of earth loop hums and odd phase cancellation effects (that made you inaudible in one part of the room but deafening elsewhere), and I quickly decided it was better just to get one big amp.

[quote name='BassBod' post='1375586' date='Sep 16 2011, 02:38 PM']A very long time ago I experimented with two amps/biamping etc. I discovered a world of earth loop hums and odd phase cancellation effects (that made you inaudible in one part of the room but deafening elsewhere), and I quickly decided it was better just to get one big amp.[/quote]
You needed a Bass Murf so you could have some stereo fun! :)