Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1316376182' post='1377239']
Hey all

I like the new site, but the mobile version is terrible. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to choose not to use it on aniPhone.

Any way of changing this?
[/quote]

The mobile interface isn't finished yet and will change over the coming weeks

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1316378948' post='1377331']
maybe i'll get used to it eventually! i guess you guys put a lot of effort into it, so thanks for that!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[/quote]

Thanks. A lot of the issues that are cropping up are very simple to do when you know how, and they will become second nature soon. The whole thing about the notifications is interesting, they can be useful but you can also turn them off and just set the 'view new posts' bit as home and from there see threads you have contributed in or the ones you are following, so it's much easier to keep track of where you are than the last site.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316378999' post='1377333']

Ped, check page 10 of this thread. Ou7shined has been given a lot of help and it looks like he may not have the button.
[/quote]

Thanks, I saw after posting. Just working my way through and helping where I can - Ou7shined if you don;t have it please PM me

ped

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1316362883' post='1376925']
Looks great, but is there some way of making topics you've posted in more visible than a little star?
[/quote]

Look under the new posts section and from there look at topics you have contributed to.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316379524' post='1377355']
Fair point. I'm HDMI'd up to the telly just now. Will report back later.
[/quote]
Yeah please do. I tried it on PS3 earlier and it wasn't quite right so we'll have to play around.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316379291' post='1377345']
Also looks like the adverts are displayed in the wrong place - perhaps a monitor/resolution issue?
[/quote]

Ped. I think it might be browser related. In IE9 the Follow button is on the right, using compatability mode its on the left and looks like the IE8 screen shots.

Just saying.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1316379829' post='1377370']
Is there still a "view new posts" function? I can't seem to find it :)
[/quote]
Click on View New COntent (top right) then set the options on left as Items you have not read, then if nothing comes up of interest click Mark Community Read at bottom and clear all

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316379927' post='1377373']

Ped. I think it might be browser related. In IE9 the Follow button is on the right, using compatability mode its on the left and looks like the IE8 screen shots.

Just saying.
[/quote]

Thanks I'll pass that on

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316369378' post='1377054']
Mods, can I ask where you prefer to have bug/problem reports raised ?

My first thought was "right here" and obviously many people think the same. It does get a bit hard to track whether anyone has answered though (particularly because of the volume of well-deserved congratulation) and so I started to log problems in [url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/34-site-issues/"]Site issues[/url].

That seems to make a lot of sense to me. Make sense to everyone else ?

Andy
[/quote]

*cough*

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316380466' post='1377391']

*cough*
[/quote]

Haha yeah separate issues would be easier to follow if raised there, but I kind of asked for people to post here so I think we'll just have to strap in and hold on!

Good idea though so anyone listening please go ahead and make a new post in the issues area.