Why become a member? ×

New Site Search problem - "-" gets stripped out of search term

BigBeatNut

Hi,

Great looking new site :) Some of the moved/changed features are causing me some head scratching at the moment, but I'm sure I'll find my way round before too long.

I have a problem though. If I searched the old forum for "55-94" (which I did, frequently), then I got posts that matched "55-94". However the new forum thinks I'm searching for "5594" and returns those results.

That's a bit of a bummer ... it's only going to work if everyone who posts a 55-94 for sale also incudes "5594" somewhere in the text.

Is there any chance of fixing this ? I'm vaguely hopeful that admins have access to a configuration option somewhere, possibly in a text file, that changes this behaviour.

Cheers, Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

• 4 weeks later...

This board version uses a different internal search engine and it looks like when the 'old' forum was merged into this one, some detail like you describe may have been lost.

I'll pass on your comments to our tech man, but it will take a back seat while he's trying to figure out why some members have virtually full speed/glitch free forum access and others are really struggling to even post or open a forum.

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1318288602' post='1400236']
I'll pass on your comments to our tech man, but it will take a back seat while he's trying to figure out why some members have virtually full speed/glitch free forum access and others are really struggling to even post or open a forum.
[/quote]

Fair enough.