Why become a member? ×

NCD: I am a happy chappy... Barefaced content

aldude

I like even more Tubetone in my sound - between 12 and 2 o'clock on the dial, but I think this is one of the strengths of the RH450 (certainly compared to the LM Rocker or Tube) - that tube saturation (as well as being very natural sounding) is also very gradual from a hint to full fuzz. I preferred it to lots of heads with yer actual valves in the preamps. Oh, and I have a pretty compressed sound, too, so them there transients are all squished out before I start... :)

Well I gave this a good outing last night!

First, the important stuff: this rig looks the dog's! :)

[can't seem to link to image so will try an attachment instead...]

Also, ran this thing loud for a couple of hours at least, it is a 2.67 ohm load in total but the RH450 did not break a sweat and barely got warm. So, it looks like this head can easily run three 8 ohm cabs of any variety, not just TC ones. Apparently runs to 2 ohm, so you can probably run 4 cabs (or two 4 ohms) but what I've got is plenty!

As for the sound, it is just a bit more present in the bottom end with some rumble that was not so easily achievable from the S12T. Also, having the 2x12 higher up meant I could hear it a LOT more clearly when I was close to it, which is to say most of the time. Hopefully should make me a better player in the long run as every tiny mistake is now loud as ever!

This rig pretty much gives me exactly the sound I want (with some heavy fiddling with the EQ on the head) so I am still a happy chappy. Barefaced cabs as always brilliant. The RH450 head is also brilliant and tiny, any doubters should really give it a go as the way it out to work/sound according to the specs does not necessarily translate to reality. Mind you, I have to crank up the treble side of things an awful lot as it's not a trebly voiced head.

Don't forget there is a lot of adjustment in the tone of the RH450. You do have to spend a fair while working at it though :)

No doubt it's not for everyone but you'll be surprised what an hour of EQ'ing can do :).

I doubt I'll have to change my EQ for a VERY long time :)

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1318781814' post='1406128']
Another one for our little black book Merton. :)
[/quote]
Haha! I have now decided I no longer have Streamliner GAS coz I'm waiting on the MB500 to show up later this week. It'll last, oooh, about a week, two tops :)

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1318853232' post='1406817']
Oooooo.... be interested to see what you think when it arrives.
[/quote]

That thing looks comedy small which is good :) but has giant rubber feet which adds a massive percentage to its height. Something to chop off surely?

Though it does have two speakon outs, a big downer for the RH450, which only has one output. I got obbm to make a Y cable for my two Barefaced cabs, but I much prefer to plug cabs straight into the head. Dunno why (though there is a small advantage over daisy chaining, in that you don't have two cabs worth of power going through a single cable).