Why become a member? ×

Hi, newbie here....

markmonk42

Hi guys, I'm Mark and a total newbie here. I have jumped in already with asking some advice on buying a Warwick bass, well a Rockbass Corvette $$. See the post...

I'm 38 years old and live in Essex in the South of the UK. I've been playing for years now, but have had a couple of years break. I did previously own a couple Status Basses, great and well made guitars. The first one was a Status Energy four string. Then as I get better at playing I went all out and had a KingBass made, it had custom string spacing and even side and front LED's (Blue) but sadly I sold it and took a break.

Now I'm back with my own home studio and playing a real live bass was missing from my life and my recordings, so I'm currently shopping for a Warwick. I've around £500-£600 to spend and so I'lll be trying a few out in the next week or so...

I'm into anything with a good groove, soul etc. I love to play slap bass such as the main guys, Mark King, Stanley Clarke etc.. but there are soooo many great players out there. I like Dave Marks also, I saw him at the bass show this year in London and was impressed. Check his website out and you tube where you'll find him.

Old well bass friends, speak soon and I'd love to hear from like minded bass slappers!!! lol Cheers, Mark.