Why become a member? ×

Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page

Delberthot

Nearly every time I click on a thread or subforum this message comes up with the option to either allow or click the X to get rid of it. Every time I click to allow it but it still keeps happening.

Its at the top of my web page right now

Any ideas how to get rid of it cos I've never had this message before

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1316855924' post='1383670']
Any ideas how to get rid of it cos I've never had this message before
[/quote]

I can't help with the Firefox problem.
But in a couple of days, you might finally be able to get rid of the Krinks problem. [Fingers crossed of course]

Garry

There's an option in the advanced settings under the general tab for Firefox to warn you when you are about to be redirected to another page. I've just unchecked it and the message has gone.

Solved it for this but what if I visit what appears to be a legitimate site and it turns out that it redirects me to something dodgy? I'm using comodo and use hijackthis from time to time so I should be alright but there's something different about this version of the site than the old one

do you mean that you have to click to allow it every page you load or just once per visit to this site ? I have just un clicked the General/advanced options you suggested and only had to click on thr 'allow; tab at the top of the page, once only. ?

I think there may be an option to put exception web sites in ie: [url="http://www.basschat.co.uk"]www.basschat.co.uk[/url] (somewhere or somehow)

Edited by daz