Why become a member? ×

Markbass New York 122 vs. TC Electronics RS 212

DepTan

HI fellow chatters,

Im in a dillema which one to get to match my Markbass Little Mark 800 head.

The Markbass New York 122 cab or the TC Electronics RS 212 ?

I used to own the older CMD102p with LMII head, sounds great,. but sold it. (GASSING for a new toy)

there's no stock of the new york 122 at the moment so I have not tried it yet.

I was able to try the TC electronics but the set-up at the nearest shop im in is a rebelhead 450 connected to RS2x10 and RS 2x12 and the sound with everything flat sounds a bit stereo sounding but is still ok to my ears.

I will be using a Markbass Little Mark 800 head, 5 string SR205th Ibanez bass tuned half step down and plays mostly anything from bob marley to black sabbath to rick astley ( yeah i know,. rick astley? WTF?!?)

We play small venues and wedding gigs and i like bringing my own gear.

any feedback is very appreciated!

many thanks in advance!

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial][color=#222222][font=Arial]Hi DT, I'd include a Barefaced Super12T on your list. After playing my RH750 through one last weekend I'd recommend it as one of the better 212 cabs that I've heard, certainly better than the Markbass and probably better than the TC. [/font][/color][/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]At the Bash last week there were several players going through Barefaced cabs and they all sounded very good.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by chris_b

Oh you know, when you hear this you'll be kicking yourself, I have the same LM tube head however mine is the 500W and last year I've spent an evening at the MB wareouse (UK Distributors) trying most every Mark Bass cab in the end the best match was the CMD102P combo having swapped the old combo head with the LM tube and the result was this

Should you need more headroom, you can hook up another 2 x 10" traveller cab [url="http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=37"]http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=37[/url] to that combo and you'll be shifting some serious air. I've found that 4 x 10" gives the tighter and more defined bottom end than having a larger speaker say a 1 x 15" which didn't seem to work well with that head.

[quote name='DepTan' timestamp='1317361789' post='1389819']
Huwatt?? custom made markbass amp? :-)

what did you do with the buit-in LMII ?

any idea where i can get a good deal for markbass stuffs in London? one on my lists is the ny122. :-)
[/quote]

the heads in the mark bass combos are swappable, take one out stick the other in. I sold my LMII here to a basschatter!

For the best deals on Mark Bass here in London speak to this man and ask him, he'll tell ya:

Proel International Ltd.
[b]Alberto Curasi[/b]
Tel: +44 020 8761 9911

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1317371833' post='1389910']

I'd still like the NY122. I have no idea why they arent more popular.
[/quote]

+1

I don't understand this either.. The MB would get my vote.. also as mentioned, check out the might Barefaced super 12.. It's like no other 2x12.. and don't believe the hype about 10's being punchier and 1x15 being boomy.. it's the quality and design of the cab that dictates the sound.. you have to try them out. I have notied that people who by the barefaced super 12, seem to top GAS-ing.. interesting thought