Why become a member? ×

Wahay! My Tonepump pre amp is dead...

...as diagnosed by mr Petr Michalik himself. Couldn't of come at a worse time either. I'm meant to be using the bass this pre amp is in to record next week, I have [b]NO MONEY [/b]to replace the pre amp with and the strings on my other basses are all used to death. Cherry on top? I only restrung my bass with the tone pump in 2 weeks ago but the ultimate kicker of it all, it's the only bass I have that has 2x2 tuning pegs so I can't even take the strings off and use them on another bass.

"You can wire the pick ups in in a passive mode just like a jazz bass so you bypass the pre amp" he also said.
Not the point! I have the pre amp in there to make my bass sound good! If the pick ups sounded good without a pre amp, I wouldn't put the pre amp in there in the first place.

I know I'm whinging here but honestly, this has really upset and annoyed me. I haven't had this pre amp very long. I must of only been using it for a total of about 6 months plus it wasn't cheap, think I paid about £50 for it. I bought it from someone on here and it was already wired up, all I had to do was attach my pick ups and output jack to it. It was working fine up until the last couple of weeks.

Oh well, off to throw a tantrum and look at pre amps I can't afford.
Stevie