Why become a member? ×

Google wont let me go backwards!!!

apa

Ever sincw the relaunch Ive had a problem with my BACK button.

I go to a topic then use the back button to go back to the unread list. With the new site I have had to press it 2 to 3 times before it will work. Then I noticed this pop up when I hover over the back button:

Back to [url="http://Googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/drt/s"]HTTP://Googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/drt/s[/url] (Alt+Left)

I believe its something used by google to track your browsing. Now Im not one to be bothered by who knows what Big Brother stuff but it is BLOODY ANNOYING when I try and navigate around BC. Im posting it here because it only happens on this site!!!

So WTFIGO :)

A

So Im not alone tedgilley!! lol

I realised today that it only happenes on my laptop at home but not on the works computer. Ive not seen it anywere else. Im assuming then hamster that its not a particular BC issue just my bad luck its happening on here?

A

[quote name='Hamster' timestamp='1317925792' post='1396413']
There's little we can do about that I'm afraid - it's just aggressive advertising by Google using your browser.
[/quote]

I didn't think it was a BC issue .. but isn't it nice to be 'helped' by Google!

[quote name='tedgilley' timestamp='1317942681' post='1396651']

I didn't think it was a BC issue .. but isn't it nice to be 'helped' by Google!
[/quote]

I know lol :) I didnt think it was a BC issue as such. Its just that it only happens on BC for me.

The only quick fix is to use the 'open in new tab' for each thread read!

A

It would happen on any site where Google had that a particular type of ad running I suppose - not sure :)

We might be able to help by tweaking how the ads display here, but that's a little bit too past my techy comfort zone, so I'll ask someone who knows what they're doing! :)