Why become a member? ×

Lakland DJ4 Question

Hutton

I'm thinking of selling my Lakland DJ4 2007 Skyline Series. Someone may well ask where it was built and what make are the pickups. An enquiry to Lakland didn't help as Brian there said the pickups would be Aero or Fralin. He also said it should say on the headstock where it was built which it doesn't. I was hoping that someone here may be able to throw some light on the matter. If Happy Jack and Linus 27 see this post they may be able to help as they used to own the DJ4. Thanks in anticipation.

As far as pick-ups go I had this response from Lakland a few years ago when I had a DJ4.

"The cloth covered wires are on the Lindy Fralin pickups. The black/white plastic coated wires are the Aeros. There have been times when the Aeros were hard to come by. We would sometimes install the Lindy Fralins if there was a pinch. We wouldn't go the other way however (Aeros for Fralins). We feel that the Fralins sound better than the Aeros."

I believe that the Lakland pickup wires are red/green.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1317919017' post='1396288']
As far as pick-ups go I had this response from Lakland a few years ago when I had a DJ4.

"The cloth covered wires are on the Lindy Fralin pickups. The black/white plastic coated wires are the Aeros. There have been times when the Aeros were hard to come by. We would sometimes install the Lindy Fralins if there was a pinch. We wouldn't go the other way however (Aeros for Fralins). We feel that the Fralins sound better than the Aeros."

I believe that the Lakland pickup wires are red/green.

Hope this helps.
[/quote]

Many thanks for the info.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1317991743' post='1397046']
When i got my Duck Dunn last year it had a Hanson in it and it had red and black wires. Dave's right about the cloth wires being Fralins.
I did change both pups in my DJ5 but cant remeber the colours.
[/quote]

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.