Why become a member? ×

Rattlin Bone's Karena Kelly - debut solo single ... with me on fretless!

Clarky

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The lead lady vocalist in Rattlin Bone, Karena Kelly, releases her debut solo single 'Midnight Walk ' on iTunes and all the usual channels on Monday. Its already available on vibedeck, so you can take a listen (and download if you like it :) ) Its a smooth, jazzy song with (to my ears) a cool Carole King vibe and I think it could be a mainstream radio hit if it got the right airplay.[/font][/size]

Link: [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][url="http://vibedeck.com/karenak"]http://vibedeck.com/karenak[/url] (note this is updated for new URL from my first post and should work now)[/size][/font]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It marks my first ever recording on fretless (the Fender '71 P/J thats now owned by BC's Mr_Bassman, aka Keith) and was mastered at Abbey Road Studios. Very exciting list of other featured artists:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Kareña K : all instrumentation and soprano sax. All vocals[/font][/size]
Percussion: Mingo Lewis (Santana)
Baritone and Tenor Sax: Ron Bertolet (Bobby Caldwell)
Trombone and Trumpet: Danny Flam (everyone from Kanye West to Israeli Philharmonic)
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Clarky: Electric Bass[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Production: Wily Bo Walker[/font][/size]

Edited by Clarky

It's great mate! She has a lovely voice, and it's a very nice song. It's not my usual cup of char so I won't give perfunctory comment. That era of this sort of music does little for me, sorry man, but i have friends who would like it.

However, I [i]can[/i] comment on the performances, and they are excellent! I can't believe after all that sh*t you said about needing a lined fretless and that you had trouble with no frets that that is you playing! It sounds ace! As do all the musicians, it is VERY professional sounding indeed! You are far too humble mate :)

That is seriously seriously good Clarky.

Lovely warm tone on the bass, and the groove is just impecable, couldnt fault the playing at all. Her voice is just gorgeous too, you lucky git to be working in a band of that calibre.

Oh, and I liked the song a lot too!

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1318704707' post='1405474']
If I'd played on this you wouldn't be able to shut me up. You can be justifiably very proud of this - great, great tone and feel on the bass and it just slots into the track like..... well you know those Inca walls made of huge great solid blocks of stone that you can't get a ciggy paper between? Well like that.
[/quote]
You are too kind and I'm blushing now :)

I really am convinced this could be a mainstream radio hit if someone on one of the bigger stations picked up on it.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1318737820' post='1405691']
Clarky you've got every right to be proud mate. Absolutely perfect tone, intonation and feel! Love the tune too, really refreshing after hearing some of the absolute drivel polluting the airwaves at the moment. Well done!
[/quote]
Thanks Higgie! Appreciate the kind words :)