Why become a member? ×

I am unable to log in at home

JimBobTTD

Poor me.

I recently changed ISP and I am no longer able to log in at home. Every other website works fine, but this one does not. When I go to basschat.co.uk it says that I am not allowed to view this community (or words to that effect). It looks like I have been banned!

I have phoned my ISP to ask them whether they have blocked Basschat, but they said that they don't block any website. I am unable to access Basschat via my mobile if using my home's WIFI, but I can if I use 3G roaming.

Surfing BC at work is not really an option (although I am doing it now - ha ha!). Any ideas what the problem is? It could be my router, but why would it only block this website?

This has been going on for about two weeks now. Any help appreciated!

I'd suggest he clear his temp files and cookies. If he's also on PC, then a 'network repair' on the NIC will also flush DNS entries etc. He might need to do the same on his router along with a reboot to pick up a new IP.

Ah wait... He cant connect via wifi on his mob either, then yeah, router needs a flush and reboot to pick up a new IP. (it's also possible to block addresses on most routers too, so he may do well to make sure it hasn't been fiddled with!)