Could You Be the Worst Looking Bass in the World

4 Strings

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1318334255' post='1400661']
Alembic Dragon Wing bass.

I can't bring myself to post a picture.
[/quote]

I had to look, didn't I.

Nurse! The screens!

The happy thing about this thread is that the more I hate the look of a bass, the less I can afford it. Instant anti-GAS!

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1318325446' post='1400457']
Erm, no actually, because here is the ugliest bass in the world!

[/quote]

Ahh, the P-Bass. A classic design that will go down in the history books, as instantly recognisable today as it ever was. Nothing boring about it whatsoever :)

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1318342280' post='1400840']

Good call. Half Enigma machine. Half Ikea table.
[/quote]
:)

One almost feels like getting a tin of black Humrol and painting a chessboard on it :)

Apparently someone even bought one of these on Basschat once.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1318341393' post='1400826']

Ahh, the P-Bass. A classic design that will go down in the history books, as instantly recognisable today as it ever was. Nothing boring about it whatsoever :)
[/quote]
The only thing that would make that P Bass any more boring would be a 'Keep Music Live' sticker.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1318344711' post='1400887']

Normally I try to refrain from controversial posts, but I finally get the chance to show my hatred for these truly AWFUL instruments!
[/quote]
I agree they feel and sound awful, but the 4001 looks gorgeous - not in sunburst of course (twatglo I think it's called), but the white ones and the black ones look ace. I would buy one to hang on the wall if it was cheap. But they are stupidly expensive and not that well made. My mate collects them and the guitars really are horrendous to behold.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1318342832' post='1400855']
The only thing that would make that P Bass any more boring would be a 'Keep Music Live' sticker.
[/quote]

Not seen one of those stickers. Presumably more hang ups about people rocking out in pubs?

The P-Bass will always be boring for a small minority of people obviously, but for the majority of people they're where it all started and still sound as good today as they did 60 years ago or there abouts. It doesn't take a genius to see where this thread is going though, so there's not a lot of point arguing the toss.

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1318347057' post='1400942']
The Morris Minor will always be boring for a small minority of people obviously, but for the majority of people they're where it all started and still drive as good today as they did 60 years ago or there abouts. It doesn't take a genius to see where this thread is going though, so there's not a lot of point arguing the toss.
[/quote]

Edited to show a different perspective.