Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Unknown 10" Speaker - GONE

Dave Vader

To go, this unknown 10" driver what came out of an old cab I got on ebay. Here's what I wrote about it when I tried to get a quid for it on ebay.....

This speaker is a completely unknown quantity sadly, I can verify that it works when you hook it up, but there is no indication of ohmage or maximum power rating on it, and my multimeter is broken so I can't help you there. I can tell you that it's a 10” driver and has 8/47/90 10/140 8 written on the back in white. At a guess that means 140 watts at 8 ohms, but that really is only a guess. It weighs a great deal for a 10” and came out of a cab I bought to make a diddy bass cab out of, couldn't tell if the driver would handle bass frequencies or not, so I pulled it out and put in one I was sure of. Take a punt, it might be exactly what you're looking for. No makers marks, just a plain metal back. Could be the very thing you need for your project, and it's going very cheap. See here for more photos.
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/50579126@N03/sets/72157627657867421/[/media]
Feel free to ask any questions

Sadly there were no bites, you can come to my house in Devon and pick it up if you want it, or send me a tenner and I'll chuck it in the post for you. It is taking up space and I can't bring myself to skip it.

Edited by Dave Vader

It's a Fane. It looks like an OEM driver and quite a high spec one judging by the size of the magnet. 140 is unlikely to be the power handling - I'd guess it's at least 200W. You can't tell whether it will handle bass by looking at it in a photo, I'm afraid, but if it's a mid driver the suspension will be very stiff.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1318518327' post='1403235']
Thanks Stevie. The magnet is bloody huge and weighs a ton. [b]Unsure of how to check for stiff suspension though.[/b]
[/quote]
Like with a car, both hands on one edge and make it bounce up and down :)

• 1 month later...