Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb NT 4 1989 - WITHDRAWN - you're too late ;O)

Scooby

UK Ken sent me a mail in May this year to see if i would sell mine. It was exactly what he was looking for even though it wasn't up for sale.
He had looked at some already on BC but they weren't in best condition and needed a little tidying up. Some had been slightly modified and he was looking for original bass.
This would probably have been exactly what he was looking for.

Not sure if you could do a search for him on BC and get in touch saying i passed his name to you because he was very keen to buy a good one.

Might be worth a try mate.

I might still have his mail somewhere on BC if you can't get in touch with him.

Cheers
Dave

For some reason, Warwicks have fallen out of failure with the bass buying public. They either don't sell or fetch very low prices. I picked up a fretless Warwick Fortress One on this site for £400 posted. It was a very high quality thing - so couldn't understand why I got it so cheap. Having said that, I didn't like it as much as my Fenders, so I sold it on relatively quickly for not much more.

[quote name='Scooby' timestamp='1319476883' post='1414647']

Thanks, Dave. I get the feeling that there is an inverse eBay principle going on here in Bass Chat, whereby people wait for the selling price to continually be reduced! I put the Thumb up for a bargain price to start with so continuous reductions were never going to happen.
[/quote]

I'm not sure thats the case. If a bass is priced right, it will sell very quickly in most cases. A lot of people will make an offer near the asking price, or even low ball, irrespective of the price posted in the thread. I doubt people wait for the prices to fall on basses they want, just to see if they can get £50 off it, because in all likelihood someone else will be along to buy the bass! On the other hand, some basses are overpriced and do creep down in value until they find a buyer, but that gradual decline in pricing brings that advert into line with what the other forum users value the bass at. Warwicks seem to be suffering very badly from this at the moment, sadly, and they always have done. When I bought my Thumb it cost me £590, and it looked like a brand new instrument. It was considerably better than the clubby, ovangkol necked Thumb basses Warwick were making new at the time!

All the same, shame to see this lovely Thumb off the market. Were I looked to spend cash right now I'd have had your hand off for it, it looks like a good one!