Why become a member? ×

Cab for GK MB200 Head?

garythebass

I'm currently using a GK MB200 head, which I really like in terms of tone & punch.

It's running through an ABM115 Mini (so about 140w at 8ohms).

I was looking at replacing the cab, possibly with a 4ohm to squeeze the most juice out of the head and one that caught my eye initially was the matching MBE115 (4ohm, 200w version).

Looking into it a bit further, the reported sensitivity is only 91dB, so, if I've got this right, it's likely to be a fair bit quieter than the Ashdown.

I'm on a budget (elsewise it would be a Barefaced), and both portability (car space) and weight (dodgy back) are important to me.

Any comments or ideas please?

I can only comment on two cabs- a 4 ohm !Barefaced Bintage and an 8ohm homebrew 1x15 not too dissimilar from the Ashdown. With the Vintage it's scarily loud and enough for any gig I'll play... at a push. The 1x15 was just a bit crap in comparison but the cab is pretty abysmal :) Look for sensitivity and cone "area"; maybe jhk's 2x12 Eden on the FS section if it hasn't already gone?