Why become a member? ×

Bass wall

waldemar

Hi all.

Just moved into a new place and decided that what I [u][b][i]really[/i][/b][/u] needed was a guitar wall where my basses could hang out together. Well, most of 'em - 2 are still floor-bound, but I can live with that.

I picked up a load of long-arm wall hangers like the ones linked to here:

http://www.djmmusic.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=G904BM

and then decided that rather than nob about drilling loads of holes into plasterboard in the hope that I'd find brick over mortar, I'd mount these hangers on a backboard of some description and then fit the backboard to the wall with 3 huge coach screws. A much more effective solution... So began the hunt for some suitable timber which culminated in the discovery of my gran and granddad's old armchairs which my dad had broken up for firewood and had stashed in the garden. Tut. Not only would they have made half decent restoration projects, but now being beyond repair the wood and it's shape (which kind of alludes to a weird head-stock) really caught my imagination. The backboard problem was solved! A light sanding, 2 coats of Ronseal walnut satin and a couple of hours measuring and lining up the hangers and voila! My new guitar wall.

I'm really loving the look and convenience of it, despite it's somewhat epic nature...

There are 3 bits of timber which I have left over, if you fancy me building one of these for you then give me a shout. I'll probably want a few quid for the additional bits and pieces and the few hours of my toil, but hey, there you go.

Check out the pics and let me know what ya reckon.

Cheers!