Why become a member? ×

Seymour Duncan Active EQ Jazz Bass Pickups/ ESP Jazz Bass bridge

Now here's a blast from the recent past.

Seymour Duncan Active EQ Jazz pups. These were made in the late '80s/early '90s and had three DIP switches on each pup. These allowed different voicings of the coils and here's the blurb from SD describing how they used to be:-

[i][b]'Functions of switches on old-style "Active EQ" bass pickups[/b]
We stopped making the switch pickups ("Active EQ") in the mid-'90s. We replaced them with the Pro-Active? series.
The little rocker switches on the Active EQ pickups change the sound. Switch #1 shifts the coil resonance. On a Jazz Bass? neck pickup and a P Bass? pickup, the resonance moves downward from 22 KHz to 6.4 KHz. On a Jazz Bass bridge pickup, it move downwards from 17 KHz to 4.9 KHz. The effect is to give a more focused sound with a harder attack. Switch #2 gives a broad band bass boost of 4 dB for the Jazz Bass neck and P Bass pickups, and 5 dB for the Jazz Bass bridge. The switches can be a very effective tool for changing the tonal "character" of your instrument.'[/i]

The pups are used in conjunction with 100k pots, a 100uf cap and a stereo jack socket to activate the battery and this harness will be supplied as well.

This old '74 Jazz is getting refurbished and these SDs are now free to go to a good home.

£65 shipped.

Mid '70s style ESP JB bridge ([i]in situ[/i] on the bass) - £22 shipped

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1321183141' post='1436098']
Show me the Squier, Conan? Anything wrong with it?
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with it other than the fact that it has two too many strings and plays high notes! Bought it for my son in the summer...

It's red with a maple board, through-body stringing. Nice looker and player. He wants some stupid pointy "rock" guitar instead... His loss.

Will take some pix this afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...