Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 150

Guest gazzatriumph

Guest gazzatriumph

Hi, I was looking at buying a new fender rumble 150 amp, i have a MIM fender P Bass with rotosound swing bass nickel plated 45's, I would appreciate any helpfull comments and advice, it would be used for small to middle sized gigs and play joy division, cure, killing joke style music. Thanks.

Edited by gazzatriumph

I`ve not tried that particular model, but a few years back, when looking for an amp I tried a Fender Rumble, and was very impressed with the sound.

Think it was the 100 watt version - we`re going back to 2004. Only reason I didn`t buy it was it was in no way powerful enough - in the shop, with it on full volume, I could easily make my voice heard over the top of it.

But, that`s a fair few years ago, I would have thought this would be addressed by now.

[quote name='gazzatriumph' timestamp='1321622402' post='1441305']
Hi, I was looking at buying a new fender rumble 150 amp, i have a MIM fender P Bass with rotosound swing bass nickel plated 45's, I would appreciate any helpfull comments and advice, it would be used for small to middle sized gigs and play joy division, cure, killing joke style music. Thanks.
[/quote]

I'm assuming you mean the combo and not simply the 150 head Fender do in the Rumble range.

I've a 350 Rumble, they're about £100 more expensive and 10kg heavier :). A good gigging combo, that does what I ask of it. My band has just one guitarist and a drummer (oh, and a singer :)) and it's never been above 4, we play small to medium size gigs, rock covers. Not sure what it'd be like with another guitarist but then that almost always depends on the guitarist.