Why become a member? ×

amp questions ?

rumblejunkie

Hi im new here and pretty new to the bass , my question is this im looking for an amp for home and small gig use, but having 4
children and christmas comming up theres not a lot of spare cash about :) my choices are a bit limited ive seen a fender rumble 30
at around £140 but will this be too quiet against 2 guitars and drums? and lost in a live invironment ? The other amp ive seen is from
behringer its 90 watt with quite a few features 2 channels, footswitch, 7 band equalizer line out etc.. that amp is only £106 which seems very reasonable indeed but does anyone own a behringer and if so are they any good ? will it be ok for practice + live use?
sorry for all the questions but i am really stumped and dont want to waste too much money at first . the type of music i play is mostly
rock/metal and blues . Any advice would be greatly appreciated even other suddgestions would be good as long as not too pricey
although i realise you only get what you pay for . Many thanks in advance , Derek . :)

Go secondhand, definitely. Peavey or perhaps Ashdown (EB/Mag series) can be had for that kind of money and will do the job, probably better than the Behringer. I've played a (I think) 90w Behringer in a practice room and it definitely isn't as good, reaches its limit very abruptly and rather nastily. Laney also do a little tiltback combo which is ok.

thanks for the replies folks , very much appreciated indeed ive got a peavey bandit guitar amp ive had for about 11yrs and its still holding up well so i know its pretty decent stuff . id thought about leaving it a while until ihad more to play with and going down the ashdown, ampeg , laney route but ill check out the peavey on here . cheers again . :)