Why become a member? ×

Morning All..

jjay69

Hi Guys

Im J from London,been having a look at the site and it's getting time to ask a few q's so here i am.

Been playing for ooo ages im 42 and been at it since about 17. Most of that time has been on rock / blues style, covers and originals. Theres a lot missing from my skills like slap, jazz and the like but i hope to remedy some of that soon, could be on the lookout for some tips or tuition for guidance.

My oldest bass is a 78 Fender Precision which had a jazz pickup added even before i got it 20 yrs ago, i soon changed them to a pair of EMG's which are still in it today. Just had some major work done on it, new bridge, tweaked pre amps etc it now plays like a dream.

Then came the Stingray 2 band eq, played that for many years, awesome sound looks the biz.

A few years ago got myself a G&L Tribute, not too expensive but what a bass, great range of sounds and plays lovely.

Next i need a Jazz, hence im here to quiz you guys.

Gear. I use a Mark Bass head 600w (i forget the model name, but it has the 2 separate inputs with separate control) Some old Trace 2x10's and 1x15 cabs (want to change these one day) i also have a Warwick head 350w Valve / tranny, great sound range but heavy.