Why become a member? ×

Hi all, bass's, custom project,

Jobiebass

Morning, im prety new to TalkBass,
First stumbled across it when I was told it was a good place to find 2nd hand bass's in the UK.

which it is,
Thanks to CHRISDABASS for selling me his Trans Red MM Stingray, its awesome and I cant put the thing down.

Also got a MIM Fretless Jazz, with custom scratch plate and soon to have a Badass ii Bridge and im still looking for some round wound strings for it, cant find any I like, got Roto Jazz Round's on the moment, so if you know of any better faster strings, let me know.

Also have a Ferdinand P Bass loooking thing, which is totaly stripped at the moment, going for a custom respray in Flip Peralesent Purple into Blue, or possibly the Blue flips into Green. Not sure yet, Thats gonna have Badass ii Bridge too, Elixr strings (they are amazing on CHRISDABASS's 'ray) Gonna have a custom made Stainless/crome scratch plate which I might engrave with something, got my music shop looking into the perfect pickups for me too. Might add some cheesy light under the scratch plate too. Depends how bored I get and if I like it the way it is. Oh and if i still dont like it its going fretless, I need to sand the neck down anyways to get rid of the god aweful sticky varnish thats on it at the moment.

I run these with a Ashdown EB 15-180 Combo, its loud enough for what I want it for and its fully manageable to get the tones I want. I also have a Zoom B2.1u FX pedal for when I want something a little diffrent.

Im not in a band, dont really have time for it with working away all week, Favorite bassist is flea and Duff Mckegan, Starting to learn slap but im terrible at it and could probably do with some lessons.

Influences;
RHCP
GnR
Doors (yeah I know they didnt have a full time bassist but Morrison is a legend)
Beatles
Stone Roses

oh yeah, been playing about 2 1/2 years.

anyways, I prob wrote far too much.
Chris

Edited by Jobiebass